Industrial and Commercial Employers Association:-
The firm in view of the various problems faced by employers, founded the ICEA purely as a social measure. The objects of the association briefly are to :
1. To encourage and promote good feeling and to establish just and equitable principles in dealings between employers and employees and to promote and support all appropriate schemes for the general improvement of employer-employee relations.
2. To promote and protect the interests of employers engaged in trade, commerce, manufacture and industries and service industries in the areas of industrial relations.
3. To advise employers on matters, relating to employer-employee relations, to assist them in the settlement of disputes and to represent or arrange for the representation of employers in any proceedings before Conciliation Officers, Conciliation Boards, Courts of Enquiry, Industrial Tribunals, Labour Court or any Court under the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 or other judicial or quasi-judicial body and any tripartite bodies or other statutory bodies under any other law, Government Agencies etc.
4. To reconcile controversies, if any, between Members.
5. To arbitrate in the settlement of disputes arising out of matters affecting the relationship of employers and employees, between parties agreeing to abide by the recommendations of the Association.
6. To negotiate on behalf of employers with trade unions and/or other employees’ organizations.
7. To promote, examine and offer suggestions to legislative or other measures affecting the terms and conditions of service, welfare, health, education and regulations and control of employees, and to make representations to local, State, Central, Commonwealth, International and other authorities on matters connected with these objects or any of them.
8. To promote management and technical education including training and in furtherance to set up either by itself or in collaboration with any other body training institutes etc.
9. To assist members in improving employee and industrial relations by (a) organizing where necessary in association with other institutions, programmes / courses on Human Resources management and industrial relations, (b) maintaining reading rooms, library and any information center ; (c) opening regional/branch offices and (d) creating endowments for furthering the Association’s objectives and receiving contributions for such purposes.
10.To invest and deal with the monies of the Association in such a manner as may from time to time be determined.
11. To borrow or raise any monies required for the purposes of the Association, and upon such terms, as may seem expedient.
12. To subscribe, to affiliate with and/or become a member of and co-operate with any other Association, National or International whether incorporated or not, whose objects are altogether or in part similar to those of this Association and to produce from and communicate to any such Association such information as may be likely to forward the objects of the Association.
13. To do such other lawful things as may be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them.
14. To negotiate giving or receiving of grant or contribution from any national or international agency either by way of financial or other assistance, equipment books etc., subject to any statutory provisions.